Local authority permits

If you wish to have a builders skip or container located on the public highway, it is necessary for the skip or container to be covered by a local Highway Authority licence.

The licensing process is carried out by the County Council for the area you wish the skip to be placed; their skip permit application will allow you to apply for a permit. Often, we (the company) must apply for the permit on your behalf.
This is at an extra cost, of which can be found on the local authority website: Search ‘Skip Licence’ on your authority website to find out more.

Bexley £45.00 for 14 days

Dartford £25.00 for 7 days

Lewisham £60.00 for 30 days

Bromley £40.00 for 14 days

Greenwich £42.00 for 14 days

Kent County £26.00 for 7 days

Croydon £40.00 for 14 days

If your authority is not listed above | if you are having difficulty finding out the cost of permit, please complete the form below and we’ll assist you.